Cold Weather Walking Tips
1. Do warm up exercises indoors.
2. Wear layered, preferably wicking, clothing.
3. Add traction to shoes with slip-on devices like Yaktrax. Add spikes to your shoes with Icespike.
4. Consider trekking poles or walking sticks.
5. Walk with a buddy so you have help in case of a fall.
6. Stay hydrated. Cold tends to decrease the thirst sensation.
7. Protect your toes and fingers from frostbite.
8. Electronic devices like Fitbit and the Apple Watch can boost confidence and provide motivation.
9. Look around, listen to birds, say hello to neighbors, have fun!